Pages

Welcome

Through Creative Life and Other Fancies, I seek to inspire and inform people about living as a creative person. Here you will find my successes, failure, and best of all, attempts. Enjoy!

Friday, July 22, 2011

Felicia Day: How a Girl Geek Made It Big on Her Own

Gotta say, I love Felicia Day.  She, along with Joss Whedon and his amazing universe of characters and stories, have helped make geeky cool.  She's been a huge inspiration for me to go after my goals no matter what.  I hope to one day let her know in person.


Read about her web series "The Guild" and it's evolution below.  And if you still think you'll never get your projects off the ground afterwards, well, go get more creative about it.


Felicia Day: How a Girl Geek Made It Big on Her Own


Happy creating!


PS: Yes, I do get stupidly excited at mentions of Comic Con, Buffy, Angel, BSG, X-Files, Star Trek (TNG, Voyager, and DS9), and have been known to play marathon board games.  Ask any old roommate.  They've seen it.  Oh and I sing along to sing along blogs like no tomorrow.  Anyone got a freeze ray?

1 comment:

  1. Well said! I like the grassroots approach Felicia took -- consistency always seems to be the key to making these things work. I mean, look at other webseries, like the Professionals. Smaller following, but still has a following!

    ReplyDelete