Pages

Welcome

Through Creative Life and Other Fancies, I seek to inspire and inform people about living as a creative person. Here you will find my successes, failure, and best of all, attempts. Enjoy!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Goals, goals, GOALS!!!!

As you all know from a previous post, life has changed for me.  I'm now a Monday to Friday person with two consecutive days off.  I've got a ton more time than I used to which I'm happily using for my creative endeavours.  My artist soul is jumping for joy!


So it's now time to look at those goals and adjust them a teeny tiny bit.  And to really put it out there, I'm taking a page from a follower blogger (thanks Tyler!) and putting those goals out there on the worldwide interweb.  Here they are:


1) Finish my production company's first short film and get it on the festival circuit.  As many of you know, I've dreamed of running my own company for a few years now and I've finally started taking steps towards this.  Look for some great things in 2011 in this regard!


2) Write more.  Writing has always been a big part of my life and unfortunately over the last few years, it has constantly been pushed to the back burner.  So more blog posts, short stories, and maybe a novella in the year to come.


3) Act more.  Yes, yes, yes.  This is always a goal of mine and always will be.  Acting is like a drug to me and I can't do without it!  To clarify what I mean here, I will seek out more acting opportunities either by creating them myself, getting more parts through traditional auditioning, or reaching out to the contacts I have to see what projects they are working on.  Anyone need a cute redhead for a part?  :)


4) Be more financially fit.  I suck at budgeting.  Really, really, REALLY suck at it.  But I swear and cross my heart that I will get better at it.  Debt, I'm coming for you.


5) Be more physically fit.  Showbiz is all about image and a girl's gotta keep at it to keep in it!  I usually love working out but I'm pretty sure our household is about to become addicted to it.  Kinect, anyone?


So those are the biggies.  There are more little ones but that's a good start.  That's me, putting it out there.  How about you?  Any goals you want the world to know?  The web provides great accountability!


Happy creating!

2 comments:

  1. Well I dunno whether I want to put them out in public. :)

    However you have inspired me to at least write them all down and have them where they can nag me.

    My first goal is to prioritize them and get them in some sort of order I think I have about 20 scribbled on various pieces of paper and notebooks.

    Love your blog by the way. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Christine! And since I'm a Type A geek, I also have them posted up by my bed...

    ReplyDelete